Packing for a winter destination wedding
Written by: Adré Müller
Photos: Adre Muller and Pretty Jane
Travelling and road tripping is probably me and my hubby’s favourite hobby to do together as a couple. I normally get so excited, I start packing a week before the time and I end up packing way too much clothes for the trip. One of the biggest factors that always play a big role is the weather. Will I have enough warm clothes? Will it be sunny? Will my handbag suit all my outfits? What shoes do I pack…and the questions are endless and the list just goes on and on and on…
This is why I am going to share my recent destination wedding packing tips and tricks with you. I collaborated with Jeanri Bolleurs from The Pretty Jane Shop @prettyjaneshop on outfit ideas and mixing and matching key items to create different looks.
1. It is always wise to check the weather forecast for the location you are going to. It’s best to pack just in case, but in case meaning one or two outfits. In our case, the weather was looking gloomy, cold and wet. I love this floral dress from Pretty Jane Shop, It is perfect for that in case moments– in my case, it was a beautiful day on the beach with a slight breeze. The fact that the dress has long sleeves is perfect for those in-between weather days. This dress is called Calling Dibs Dress @R369.
2. It is no secret that the weather in the Western Cape is like a baby’s mood, it turns from sunny and happy to wet and cold in a few minutes. This denim jacket fits with pretty much any outfit. I paired it with my floral dress for late afternoon sundowners and early morning walks next to the dam with my boots and leggings. The Pretty Rebel Jacket @R462.
3. Always pack a jersey, no matter what the weather forecast says. These jerseys from Pretty Jane Shop go well with jeans and leggings (by the way leggings are a key item to pack when wanting to save some packing space). They are called More Of You Jersey @R445 each.
4. Every woman should have a pair of “go to” jeans. My favourite pair is these from Pretty Jane Shop. They are perfect for travelling, They are comfy and lightweight. It keeps you warm while it is still very breathable. You can dress them up with a pair of heels and a floral blouse or dress them down with a jersey, tekkies and a backpack. You’re The Sky Pants @R299 or the Elsa Pants @R299.
5. Pack a small sling bag in a tan colour that will fit with every outfit and a black backpack for site seeing and travelling. It’s unnecessary to pack handbags, as they are just taking up space when you are travelling.
6. These shoes from Pretty Jane Shop called Ava shoes @R395. This pair is so versatile- it can be paired with any of the above-mentioned outfits.
More info on Pretty Jane Shop:
All the above items are available on the website at www.prettyjaneshop.com
Pretty Jane Shop is only an online shop and all orders run strictly through the website. The website clearly shows beautiful photos of each garment as well as the sizing and availability. Only for B’loved readers, there is a 10% discount available. When you check out your purchase, use the word “MRSM” in the space where it states coupon. All orders over R500 also receive this very cool Pretty Jane pop socket. What are you waiting for B’loved beauties?
Also, keep your eye on our B’loved Instagram feed – a very awesome giveaway is coming your way in the month of August from the Pretty Jane Shop.
Educated drama queen, fashionista, content creator, blogger, collaborator, stylist, wine is life, self-proclaimed social media expert and pretty much the unusual teacher. Her name is derived from French and Latin, one who plants the seed, the bearer of this name sows seeds and expects a harvest, she is the called, chosen and appointed by God. Philanthropist, animal activist, vehement, powerhouse, wife, wonder woman, fur mom, woman hustler; this is @meetmrsmuller.
Creator of #theunusualteacher #meetmrsmuller
Brand ambassador for Biodermal Skin Tech, Nomination Italy, Le Belle Hairextensions, Tammy Taylor Silverlakes, The Bra Guru and All Hearts Foundation.